Working online and employing internet marketing is a growth area of activity where average people can earn a living. Around the world, people just like us are earning anything from a little extra each month, all the way up to a complete replacement income for their day job. Successful internet marketers all share the following key factors in common, and if you adopt them too you’ll maximize your chances of success:
1. They always take action. All the internet marketers you’ll talk to will tell you about the importance of taking action. Working from home, without face to face customers or work colleagues there to spur you on, it gets easy to put things off or sit there thinking about things instead of actually doing them. Many have a motivational note or poster pinned to their monitor or wall to remind them to take action, so that if their gaze wanders from the task in hand they are instantly reminded to get back to it.
2. They fail faster. Successful internet marketers are not afraid to fail. In fact, they almost all report that they have learned the most from making mistakes and sharing the results of those mistakes (and what to do about them) with others. They cultivate an attitude that failing faster brings success faster.
3. They avoid procrastination. Many internet marketers have a system or some software to help them avoid procrastination. Some use a simple device like an egg-timer to make sure that decisions get taken within a certain timeframe. Others use software to block access to distractions such as social media and games whenever they want to focus on working.
4. They build in plenty of downtime. All of the successful people involved in internet marketing stress the importance of having scheduled periods where they stop working and go and relax at a hobby or other type of leisure activity. Knowing that they will stop at a pre-arranged time helps them to focus and work hard during the periods of time allotted for work tasks.
5. They manage their time well. Successful internet marketing relies on making the best use of the time available. Those able to block out a morning for work schedule all the necessary tasks to be done during that time. Then they can relax with family etc. in the afternoon. Even those with busy day jobs and families make space in their day for 10 minute tasks here and there, and a few longer ones (for example: early in the morning or late at night) when they know that they won’t be disturbed.
6. They keep a clear focus. Successful people in internet marketing tend to be the ones who concentrate on one task at a time. If they are faced with a task that cannot be completed in one sitting, they break it down into smaller steps so that they can focus on one step at a time and get each one finished before going on to the next one.
7. They make step by step plans. Internet marketing is all about executing a sequence of steps to achieve a result, and it helps to know what those steps are in advance. To avoid wasting time mid-task wondering what to do next and trying to work it out, successful internet marketers work out the steps in advance so that they always know what they will be doing next. By doing this they avoid feeling lost or confused.
If you follow the strategies that successful people in internet marketing use, you too can enjoy the kind of success that they do. Rather than try to reinvent the wheel yourself, pay attention to what other marketers say and do and especially what they say works and doesn’t work.